What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
It is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection in men. As many as 30 million men are affected by ED in the United States. It is also commonly known as impotence. It can be identified by symptoms like decreased sexual desire or libido.
If the condition persists for more than some weeks or month, then you should see the doctor. There are many advanced treatments for ED such as implants, pumps, medications, surgery, and more. But most of the men prefer to try natural treatments.
There are many natural and safe methods to treat ED based on researches. That means you can trust these methods. Find out about the natural methods to get rid of ED below:
- Rhodia Rosea – A small study was conducted on Rhodia Rosea to see if it works on ED or not. 35 men were tested in the study and 26 men were given 150 to 200 mg of Rhodia Rosea per day for three months. Their sexual function improved throughout the period. Since the study was small and it needs more research to back whether this herb has substantial results or not. But according to this study, it reduces fatigue and improves energy in men.
- Panax Ginseng – This herb is also known as herbal Viagra. Also known as red ginseng, this herb is backed with many studies that prove its ability to treat ED. Seven studies were conducted on red ginseng in the year 2008. A dosage of 600 to 1000 mg of the herb was given to the participants. The researchers concluded that red ginseng has been proven to treat ED. It works on the cellular level to improve the erection and it also works on men who have high lipid profiles.
- DHEA – Dehydroepiandrosterone or DHEA is a hormone produced by adrenal glands. This hormone then converts to estrogen and testosterone. A dietary supplement made up of wild yam and soy is given men having ED to improve their DHEA levels. In a study, 20 men out the 40 participants were given 50 mg of DHEA. Men who were on DHEA could achieve and maintain an erection. It also works best in men who have diabetes.
- L-arginine – This amino acid is naturally found in the human body. It is responsible to make nitric oxide that relaxes the blood vessels for a proper erection. 31 percent of men have reported a significant improvement by taking 5 grams of L-arginine every day.
- Yohimbe – This supplement is found in the African Yohimbe tree. It has shown positive results on ED according to some studies. However, there are not many studies to back this herb’s uses. It has its side effects, for example, irritability, high blood pressure, and tremor.
- Acupuncture – This treatment has shown a mixed sort of results in men. A study conducted in 1999 proved that it improves the quality of erection in men. Another study that was done in 2003 reported 21 percent positive results. Although this study has mixed results, it does not have any side effects. You’ve got nothing to lose if you want to try it out.